Wednesday 12 May 2010

National Share A Story Month and Me.



Hello. You've arrived at the second entry in my new Diary blog. The old Journal is being kept in detention by the forces of Evil IT or FTP or something far too complicated for me to understand.

I went into a local school this morning on behalf of Harrogate Children's Book Group. I was helping the children create a new "chapter" for the Federation of Children's Book Groups on-line story project, as part of National Share a Story Month.

The story itself was begun by Jeremy Strong - of the famous 100 Mile and Hour Dog fame - and the Aldbourne Chidren's Book Group back in late April. The project is running through May with about six more groups due to work on the story, so it will be fun seeing where the plot leads. It will also be intriguing to see how author Jeremy Strong finishes the slightly eccentric tale.

Today's session was great fun, and it was very kind of the school - BILTON GRANGE PRIMARY SCHOOL, Harrogate, to host the storymaking as some of the classes were busy with SATs this week. My group was a mixture of Year 3 & 4 children, full of enthusiasm and lots of ideas.

I'm now wishing I had some of the same enthusiasm and host of ideas. This afternoon I'm trying to pick up some writing work after almost two weeks break.

No comments:

Post a Comment