Sunday 2 May 2010

Blogger's Big Fat Cuckoo



Hello there! This is Penny Dolan, Children's writer & storyteller.

It's May 2nd and Blogger's big fat cuckoo egg of technical change has hatched and shoved me out of my old weatherworn blog-nest, once known as Penny Dolan's Journal. So the names of all the schools I've visited over the last few years have fluttered away with the wind of change. (Sigh!)

Luckily, I've managed to end up HERE on a brand new perch. Did you spot my new if not amazingly surprising title? PENNY DOLAN'S DIARY. At least it does what it says on the screen. Yes, this is where I'll tell you all about what I'm doing, where I'm going, who I'm seeing and which schools and other places I've been visiting.

Last week - and over the last few months too - I've had some great times with the Year 3 classes at MIDDLETON PRIMARY SCHOOL, near Leeds. We've had all sorts of storytelling, book reading, library visiting, drawing and poetry-making fun. So hello to all my Middleton friends and hope to see you again sometime soon.

This weekend I've been busy answering emails from children in FOREST OF GALTRES PRIMARY SCHOOL, near York, which I visited not too long ago. They tell me they are going to have a new school library soon - but where will it be? The one I recall was in a small room-and-also-corridor so maybe this will have more space? Hope I find out sometime.

Must go now, as I need to write a paragraph of two more for my current story before supper-time. What am I working on? What book have I got coming out? That's on my other blog, THE YEAR OF MOUSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment